~The Barkers~

Aubrey, Marci, Leila, Lexi, & Liz

Monday, December 13, 2010

No Post?

Think I forgot to post on Sunday? Think again.

I don't want to sound preachy or holier than thou but I will explain reasons why I don't use the computer on Sundays.

1. My hubby is a computer programmer. He spends more than half his week on the computer.
The sabbath is a "holy day ordained by God for us to rest from our daily labors". I NEED my hubby off the computer at least one day a week. If I want him to stay off than I better stay off too.

2. Family time is more likely to happen when we don't have the world at our fingertips (internet). There needs to moderation.

3. The computer is generally a one user at a time machine. Excessive computer time can often isolate one from others.

4. Personally, I am on the computer doing what? Checking facebook, my email, homework, and reading blogs. All that stuff can be given a break for at least 24 hours out of the week.

5. Knowing my computer is not an option forces me to do things I maybe wouldn't normally do on a regular basis. It gives me another reason to make Sunday "a day of worship".

Notice at the top of this post I wrote, "reasons why I don't use the computer on Sundays" and I write that to let you know I won't hate you or think you are being sac religious if you use the computer on Sundays but at this time it is necessary for me and my family that we just take a break from the computer and lots of other things too.

In the future the computer may be included in our family time on Sundays to become closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior but right now it feels right for us.

1 comment:

Stacylyn said...

I feel the same way. It's nice to be "disconnected" one day of the week.

We spend our time better when it's off.

But lately we've been going to Mormon.org every Sunday. There's tons of cool stuff on there.