~The Barkers~

Aubrey, Marci, Leila, Lexi, & Liz

Friday, December 10, 2010

Boutique!

Well the boutique was tonight and I am beat. Mainly because I worked my legs and buns way too hard yesterday at Blue. I made some neighbor gifts to sell and none did. Why?

I didn't stay by my table.
I didn't really make them to sell.
Who else knows why.

They are really cute. They turned out well and I filled them with teddy grahams, pretzels, coconut, butterscotch chips, muddy buddies, popcorn, gingerbread flavored marsh mellows, and Hersey kisses.

Anyway it was fun and I made money from hosting the thing. And I still have my neighbor gifts to hand out. I don't have a ton because I didn't start collecting them soon enough but it will work for this year.

Side note- If you have any formula cans at all, I would be more than happy to get them from you instead of you just throwing them out.

So we ended up with about 11 vendors and there were supposed to be more than 20 but some didn't show for various reasons. It turned out pretty well though and some made more than 200 dollars!

I bought a hat, tutu, a book, and two hair bows for each of the girls and Jenny let me keep the headband I wore tonight.

What to do next year?

Collect fees in advance to ensure commitment.
Plan a layout based on who has paid.
Find vendors that are more of salesmen and advertisers.

and.......
for myself, find a dang craft that people may want to buy.

I think I will take some pictures now so I can show you my amazing product that did not sell. hahaha Lame

I think my sign looked pretty good too.

My gifts complete with tags!

Mmmmmmm, the butterscotch and powdered sugar made everything smell really good.

Our little entrance.

Next task....... move all the furniture back into my living room.

After that? I'm painting the hallway ceiling and trim so I (Aubrey) can finally wallpaper!

See you tomorrow! I'm on a roll.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Sounds so cute and fun! I wish I could have made it. I was with my grandparents and all my little cousins. They did this polar express themed party...it was super cheesy but cute. Hahah. I hope to make next year. Maybe I'll even craft some things to sell? I've thought about making ribbon wreaths recently...

I'm glad it went well!

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

I..LOVE... YOU...awesome fun

Stacylyn said...

1) Your neighbor gifts were SUPER cute. They look great.

2) Your living room is freakn huge. It's like a warehouse. How in the world do you furnish and decorate such a big space?

3) You're on a blogging roll. Good work. :)