~The Barkers~

Aubrey, Marci, Leila, Lexi, & Liz

Thursday, February 7, 2013

February Update

Alright too bad blogging isn't one of my goals for the year or else I'd be on a roll. Let's take look at how I'm doing....

FINALLY get the stupid master bathroom remodeled- This is coming along really well! I hope to have the entire bathroom done within a couple weeks! I was really crazy to think that I could do it by myself and have Aubrey help with the things I couldn't do. My brother in law Ian has been doing the most work and has been a big help. My dad has also been there to answer questions, connect plumbing, go on Home Depot runs, and guide me through the parts I am completing. I will say I AM SICK OF SPENDING MONEY AT HOME DEPOT!!!!! 





 
Memorize the Doctrine and Covenants scripture mastery scriptures- There are 25 scriptures to memorize and I have done maybe one or two. Okay quiz time. Let me write down what I know. "Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life it will rise with us in the resurrection. for whatever... something... we will have the advantage over another in the world to come" Okay I'm not doing too well with that one but here's an easy one. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise." Even though I may be able to memorize the scriptures, the references are hard for me because it's all numbers. I need to work on this one

Attend the temple monthly- We made it in January and our ward is scheduled to go on the 14th but I teach my classes on Thursday nights so it's always hard but someone else in our ward plans to go in the morning of the 15th and it is my goal to go with or without Aubrey.

Acquire new certifications in the fitness field and pick up more classes- This will happen since I am up for re certification this year with AFAA. I am proud to announce I got hired on at Anytime Fitness! I applied back in October when I knew they were opening but they weren't interested in group instructors, only personal trainers so I was bummed. Then right before they opened in January. I went to check the place out and introduced myself. They still weren't interested in me but I mentioned I would clean or just do whatever they needed so I could get my foot in the door. Well they called me and said, "Our cleaning lady isn't answering her phone and isn't showing up. Can you come and look and give us bid on what you would charge?" I have never cleaned for a job but my goal was to get a free membership out of it. I found out what they paid the other lady and just offered to do it for a little less and said I wanted to be added to their brand new fitness schedule and they boss said it was fine. Any who I am excited to teach, expand my horizons, and my clientele for the future. 

Celebrate our monthiversary every month- We didn't do anything official but we had a couple fun out of the ordinary dates so I counted it. We went to the concealed weapons carry permit class. LAME! It was not the right information for someone (me) who has never touched a gun. Why would I want to hide one? Anyway I though maybe they'd teach me how to shoot or at least teach my about a gun. It wasn't completely useless but def not worth the $80 we paid to go. A couple days later Ian (Roxy's husband) took Aubrey and I and Roxy shooting and he came over the night before to really show us everything we need to know. I was a little scared about shooting the guns because I play out crazy things in my mind that could happen and I freak myself out. It was fun though and now I am not completely afraid of guns or seeing them. I def am not going to carry one around though. We also took many trips to Home Depot and spent time making plans for the bathroom.






Have Family Home Evening every Monday night- We have had FHE at least once a week but not necessarily on Mondays which is okay. It is important to be flexible. In January we went for a long drive around South Weber, West Point, Clearfeild and Layton and got shakes. Another week we learned about sharing. Then we had a lesson about our bodies are our temples and the last lesson was about what we do at church. Here's to another month of FHE!

Stay accident free- This one is going okay so far. Liz had her first fall. Leila was coloring in her room and Liz was bothering her so Leila decided to pick her up and put her on the bed. Liz crawled off and had a bad fall. Bad enough that I didn't copy it off the cameras to add to my collection of mishaps in the girls room. Leila had her first fall at 9 months and so did Lexi so I guess she's just following suit.

Make a significant difference- I actually feel I am making a small difference already. I read the Love and Logic for early childhood years and I feel like my parent-children relationship is improving everyday. Hopefully in the long run that will make a significant difference in my the lives of my girls.







Stay a ward missionary- Done!!! : )

Have better family relationships- Still ongoing..... forever. I have been consumed with the progression of the bathroom so I haven't done a tone for this one. On the upside, nothing bad has happened!


Here's for hoping I post every month! Thanks for reading!

No comments: