~The Barkers~

Aubrey, Marci, Leila, Lexi, & Liz

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spent!

Man I am spent... physically. Hollie my oldest sister is moving to Tucson tomorrow morning so I spent most of the morning packing up boxes, loading up my truck, driving to the DI, and stuff. It was fun and the weather was good but I was just so exhausted when I got home. But... I got home and saw how much cleaning my house needs. Plus I just brought tons of stuff home from my sisters to store until the playroom becomes existant at my parent's house. Anyway, I wanted to get it all taken care of and put away to I started cleaning and working on the basement.
My dad talked me into buying marble tiles for the kitchen countertop downstairs so I hauled 30 pieces of marble downstairs... fun! I was getting a workout so I did enjoy it but I was just tired. So I'm working on the basement because I see that my Christmas stuff needs to be put away, I go to put it in the storage room and realize all those nasty spider webs are still up on the ceiling so I get the vacuum and start sucking up those nasty cob webs. Man there was a lot of sacs and spider bones.. Gross. I have no idea when the last time was when they were cleaned up. Well it's done now so that is good. Well then I see that I still have some time before the ward party so I get out the paint and start painting the kitchen. Yes, I'm giong to paint the kitchen and the hallway, entry way, bathroom, bedroom, and living room. The place is old and man it needs it bad. I can't believe how nasty the walls are down there. Had I known we were going to buy this house I would have overhauled it while I lived down there. So anyway I got a lot done today and I got to relax at our ward party by playing some games with some of my bestest friends in the world/ward. I tell Aubrey all the time, "I NEVER get to play games." Ya know like real games before technology took over. My family used to really like to play games and we have over 100 but it's like pulling teeth and then a root canal to get anyone to play with me. Aubrey knows that I always want to play games. He was good about it, let me play and even played with me. I LOVE HIM.
So I got home and started painting again but I want to get it done dang it. Aubrey talks about moving and like real soon but honestly I can't see myself living anywhere else than in this house, that I'm investing all of my time and memories into.
We'll see what happens and where that takes us but I've still got until December until I graduate. Don't even get me started on school................

2 comments:

Camille said...

Geez...busy any? So I really like playing games, so why don't we do that sometime when the kids are playing? You guys can't move for another 2 years!

Sara Waldron said...

Wow that makes me tired just reading it- you're impressive! I love playing games too- we'll have to get together a few more times in the next couple of months.