~The Barkers~

Aubrey, Marci, Leila, Lexi, & Liz

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Adventures of the Nanny (Mommy) Cam

One of the best investments we put into our home is our security cameras. You heard me right, if you come to my door I can see you! Not in a creepy way though. Our home is now protected and it is very comforting considering we were out thousands of dollars due to a robbery a couple years back. I told Aubrey we needed some type of protection because we'd be kicking ourselves if it happened once again. Without a doubt we knew where we wanted to place the first camera in/out of our home: Leila's room. When we would put Leila to bed it was hard to check on her because the doors in our house are old heavy sliding doors and some don't even work. We always wondered what in the world she was doing when we heard loud noises or her crying for no apparent reason to us. It was also a gamble to slide the door open if she was asleep. Thus, we installed camera #1. 
Since having cameras around, we capture some pretty interesting things such as KSLers taking our free junk, cop raids, numerous cat fights, attempted car theft, renters' guests, abduction of our dog, and falls, trips, and accidents be had by our girls including our 4 month old today. I decided instead of posting the videos on fb it was a little easier for me everyone to see the videos in the same place. 

Prepare to laugh and gasp at our small version of AFV starring mostly Leila, Lexi, and Liz. 

P.S.- Our house is as real as it gets. Sometimes it's messy and sometimes it's clean. It's a kids room so most of the time it's messy. I am not sorry for the inconvenience. 

P.S.S. I am a good mom and my kids are crazy. I encourage them to be active and always cheer them back up when they fall. And we haven't had one broken bone yet.

This video is Lexi. She is BY FAR my clumsiest baby! She can't eat anything without spilling it and can't carry anything with out running into something or dropping it. 


This is Lexi mimicking Leila here. I think you will notice the point of no return.

 

Here's Leila trying out a "cool trick." I heard a loud noise (her landing) and then wondered how she got down without hurting herself. Aubrey thought she just straight up jumped off the top bunk. 


This is almost the one that scares me the most! I changed Liz and then tended to the boiling water on the stove, however, when I left the room Aubrey was still there and I didn't know he followed me out. I also had no idea Leila would try this!


When Leila came into the kitchen I thought she was carrying a doll and then my heart dropped! I kind of yelled at Leila for doing that and explained to her that she can't do that and soon I would teach her how to hold Liz all by herself and eventually pick her up. Liz was not crying at all. She rarely does but in this case it would have helped.

This one is funny. It is fairly common for Lexi to go to sleep before Leila and wake up before her. This morning Lexi got into Leila's bed. Lexi is the one closest to the camera as well as the instigator.


Here's another of Lexi being herself. 


And another......  


This last one is the worst. Can I just say we are so lucky she was okay. I thank Heavenly Father for her limber body and watching over my kids NIGHT and DAY!!! It's crazy to watch but I bet you'll want to watch it again just to be sure you saw what you saw. 


I went right over to her and just paused for a second to analyze her and what really just happened. She said her leg and back itched for a second and then she was okay.

Please note: These are all recordings! I did not sit and watch while my kids almost broke their necks. Things happen and cameras record.

I hope you enjoyed my little post of real life in the girls' room. Soon we will make the transition of Liz going into their room and out of ours. Hopefully that will go smoothly!


2 comments:

Stacylyn said...

hahahaha. I love this! Kids are just kids. I'd rather have crazy, fun kids who love to play and may have an occasional accident than boring kids who watch tv all day. I love that you have all of these document. Such fun family history.

Sara Waldron said...

It seems like you've gotten your money's worth with the camera's. Not only do they make you feel safer but also keep you informed and entertained! It seems like your cute girls keep you busy. :)